Email marketing top trends for 2017
We live in a digital era where you must always stay focused and up to date with current trends. Email means email since ages but content’ trends are changing. Each and every year. What will the 2017 bring from an email marketing perspective? How to successfully market your business? These 5 points below are an absolute ‘must be’!
Send your customers emails that reflect their behaviours and actions, whether from past purchases or recent web browsing activity.
according to the MarketingSherpa 2012 Email Marketing Benchmark Report, 32% of marketers say segmenting their email database is one of their organization’s top objectives in the next 12 months. Furthermore, 52% of marketers say they have a great need to improve email database segmentation.
As per Lyris Annual Email Optimizer Report. 39% of marketers who segmented their email lists experienced higher open rates, 28% experienced lower unsubscribe rates, and 24% experienced better deliverability and greater revenue.
- Increase personalization – use data collection and analysis to deliver personalized marketing – personalization can deliver 5 to 8 times ROI for marketing spend – segment email database to deliver different content to different groups. Personalize and optimize email subject line by (all can be done by using Salesforce as planned):
- Write email subject lines for mobile devices – it’s important to think about how it will appear on all devices.
- Keep email subject line short – short subject lines have higher open rates.
- Personalize email subject line – add a name – personalizing the first and the last name have the strongest impact on open rates.
- Make it actionable if possible.
- Test different subject lines.
- Optimize for mobile
When 53% of emails are opened on a mobile device (and with that number continuing to grow every year), your emails have to be mobile-optimized, and there’s no ifs, ands, or buts about it. In fact, 75% of email subscribers say they are highly likely to delete emails that do not render well on mobile devices.
- Keep it visual
As a current top digital trend is to be visual and the video content stand above it why not to try sending video newsletters? Beautifully personalized email templates also matters…
- Automated Emails
Customer behavior can already trigger automated emails. Expect chatbots to start doing the same. They’ll run automated workflows; send confirmation emails, abandoned cart emails, create newsletter sign ups, all personalized with data from the chat session.